Step 1.) Find the tooth!
- Chances are, you have noticed your tooth falling out right away
Step 2.) Pick up the tooth by the CROWN
- Do NOT touch the root of the tooth
Step 3.) If the root looks dirty, rinse ONLY with sterile saline solution or low-fat milk
- Do NOT use water
Step 4.) Try to put your tooth back in its socket
- If you are having a hard time getting the tooth to stay in the socket, soak it in low-fat milk
Step 5.) Hold the tooth in place or use gauze
Step 6.) TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!
- Your chances of saving your tooth are greater if you can get the tooth back in the socket within ONE hour
Step 7.) Bypass the emergency room and get to a dentist as soon as possible!
- And don’t forget to bring your tooth!